Come on in, get comfortable, read some of my blogs if you would like, and please feel free to share your thoughts...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How can an Omniscient, All Powerful Creator hold his Creation Responsible?

Okay, so this is a little out there and I don’t really think all of my thoughts are as put together as I would like, but I had to get them out…
If I’m going to believe that God is the omniscient and all powerful creator of everything that there is, I’m having trouble understanding how or why he should also hold his creation responsible (damn them to HELL) when they fall short or don’t choose him…when He’s the reason that we have a choice in the first place.
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the concept of free will and I’m a fan of it…
What gets me is this…
Picture this with me: God is twiddling his thumbs one day, bored and looking for something to do. He hears from one of his angels that one of them is going rogue, he thinks he knows better than God and wants to strike off on his own. And so God banishes this angle (Satan) from Heaven. Not long after, God decides to start creating things (you know the story)…it finally comes time for man and God puts them in the very same garden as this Satan character and tells them about a tree (just one tree) that they absolutely cannot touch and should never eat the fruit from.
TIMEOUT à (A) God is the one who put the tree there, and if he truly is omniscient, he already knew that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit…thus brining “sin” into the world. At the very least, God allowed it to happen…and I would venture a little further in suggesting that it was God alone that made it possible. (B) God is the one who allowed this Satan character to roam amongst his humans, his most precious creation. Before it happened, he would have known that Satan would tempt the humans and lead them astray. If God really is all powerful, he could get rid of Satan, but he doesn’t…why?

1 comment:

  1. I am not following you.

    If something breaks around my house, I will either fix it or throw it out.

    If I know that something is broken, I don't have to throw it in the trash the moment it breaks. If I can still use it for its proper or another purpose, why heave it?

    When I toss a broken item, I may explain that the reason I tossed it was because "it was broken." Does that make it the item's fault that it broke?

    Does it make the item responsible?

    Have you ever thought of Hell as God's trash can?

    ReplyDelete