Come on in, get comfortable, read some of my blogs if you would like, and please feel free to share your thoughts...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SYMPTOMS OF A FAITH LOST - PART 13

It's time to get away...

The following summer I head off to the woods of the east coast for some much needed SPACE from all they pain and frustration I’ve been feeling. I work with a large group of 20 something’s with psychology backgrounds at a residential treatment facility for kids. The days are long and hard and leave little room for me to wallow in anger or sadness or worry about my crisis of faith.
It’s exactly the change of scenery that I needed. And although 90% of my coworkers are NOT Christian, I come to discover that these are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Everybody is welcome and fits in. It doesn’t matter what you look like, what your into, or what your beliefs are because everyone is accepted and everyone is working together towards a common goal. People are always offering their help and picking up somebody else’s slack when necessary. Even though I’ve grown up in the church I come to realize that not once before this summer have I ever felt so accepted, safe, and unconditionally loved as I do in this place…which only strengthens my resolve to stay away from the church and it’s backstabbing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment