Come on in, get comfortable, read some of my blogs if you would like, and please feel free to share your thoughts...

Monday, July 11, 2011

No more answers to life’s big questions…

The moment I decided to jump over to the other side of the fence my world immediately crashed down around me. Christianity had told me where I came from, who I was, why I was here, and where I was going. I had no answers for these questions anymore.
It got me thinking…what if Christianity is nothing more than a confused man’s (or many men’s) effort to produce some answers for himself?

1 comment:

  1. That is a good question. Who was this confused man? Or who were these confused men?

    Nothing has ever been produced from Roman or Hebrew records to substantiate the claim of there being an historical Jesus the Christ. Tacitus writing concerning Nero circa. 64 CE and Pliny the Younger writing concerning a large religious sect circa. 100 CE, both, refer to "christians." Indicating Rome and Asia Minor had large numbers of "christians" at that time. In 313 CE, Christianity is practiced widely enough in the Roman Empire that Constantine by the Edict of Milan, protects their property. By 653 CE, Christianity is so prevalent that the Koran acknowledges the historical personage of Jesus Christ as fact and prophesies his return.

    I have no idea who. Which seems like that, at least, should have been recorded by somebody.

    ReplyDelete